dated lower centre: 1655 - oil on panel - 17 by 21 1/4 in.; 43 by 54 cm.
PROVENANCE: Probably in the collection of the Marchesi Capponi, Florence, from at least 1767 until at least 1842, when it hung in the picture gallery;
Gertrude Herbert Institute of Art, Augusta, Georgia;
Their sale, New York, Sotheby's, January 14, 1994, lot 35;
There purchased by Jean Luc Baroni, for Colnaghi, London;
From whom acquired by the present owner.
EXHIBITED: Maastricht, Colnaghi, 11-19 March 1995;
New York and London, Colnaghi, Master Paintings, 7-30 May, 10 June - 11 July 1998, no 13, reproduced.
LITERATURE AND REFERENCES: F. Fantozzi, Nuova guida, ovvero descrizione storico-artistico-critica della città e contorni di Firenze, Florence 1842, p. 398;
F. Borroni Salvadori, 'Le esposizioni d'arte a Firenze dal 1764 al 1767', in Mitteilungen des Kunsthistorischen Institutes in Florenz, vol. XVIII, no. 1, 1974, pp. 80-1;
Advertisement in The Burlington Magazine, vol. CXXXVII, no. 1103, February 1995, p. VIII, rep
Date de cette photo : 18 janvier 2009 - 16:16
Envoyé par : Alain Truong