Cup with grotesque mask, Milan, 1590-1600. Rock crystal, gold, enamel; 14.3 x 15.4 x 10.0 cm. V 283. Green Vault © Staatliche Kunstsammlungen Dresden 2013
Sublime cut motifs and delicate INTAGLI harmonize with this rock crystal vessel on 6 August 1746 from the legacy of Duke Johann Adolf II of Saxe-Weissenfels to the vault came open. Although the small bowl of the spectacular works from the Milanese workshops Saracchi Miseroni and can not be assigned, it follows that stylistic models.