Lot 457. Bada Shanren (Zhu Da, 1626-1705), Trush, Poem in running script calligraphy. A pair of album leaves mounted as a hanging scroll, ink on paper. Each measures 30.5 x 30 cm (12 x 11 7/8 in.). Top leaf with a poem written in running script calligraphy, signed: Bada Shanren. One seal of the artist: He Yuan. Painting of a thrush signed: painted by Bada Shanren. One seal of the artist: He De Shen Xian. Estimate HKD 250,000 - HKD 300,000. Price realised HKD 418,250. © Christie's Image Ltd 2003.
Literature: 1. Wang Fangyu, Bada Shanren Lunji (Essays on Bada Shanren), Taiwan, 1985, pp.303, 403
2. Xiao Minghong, (Bada Shanren Shengping ji Zuoping Xinian, (A Chronology of Bada Shanren: His Life and Works), Beijing, 1997, p.291
3. Hu Guanghua, Ming Qing Zhongguo hua Dashi Congshu - Bada Shanren (Chinese Master Painters: Bada Shanren), Jilin Meishu Chubanshe, 1996, p.24
4. Xu Bangda, Gaiding Lidai Liuchuan Huihua Biannian biao (Revised Chronology of Paintings Throughout the Ages), Beijing Renmin Meishu Chubanshe, 1995, p.173
5. Shaolin Rongju ( ), Bada Shanren Zhenji (Authentic Paintings by Bada Shanren), Japan, vol.1. Described as "Flower and Fruit Album with Corresponding Calligraphy. Previously in the collection of Tang Jisheng."
6. Wang Zidou ed., Bada Shanren Shuhua ji (The Paintings and Calligraphy of Bada Shanren), Shanghai Renmin Meishu Chubanshe, 1983, vol. 1, pp.163-164.