HONG KONG.- Phillips Asia will present the third iteration of INTERSECT, a cross-category online sale with a one-stop lifestyle concept that embodies the idea of art-meets-luxury. Open for bidding from 16 to 23 September, INTERSECT features 128 lots of tightly curated selection of contemporary artworks, alongside trendy timepieces and coveted jewels.
Leading the sale is a superlative Patek Philippe reference 5370P-001 platinum split seconds chronograph wristwatch with black enamel dial (Estimate: HK$1.17-1.95 million). The Patek Philippe reference 5370, made in extremely low numbers and discontinued in 2020, is considered by many watch collectors as one of the most desirable watches made by the famed manufacturer in recent years. Other sale highlights including a broad and exciting range of wristwatches from the finest watchmaking brands including Rolex, F.P. Journe, and Audemars Piguet.
The sale also offers a stunning selection of the world’s most sought after gemstones, from the highest quality of D/Flawless Type IIa colorless diamonds, to a variety of coloured diamonds spanning yellow, pink, and orange. Leading the jewellery selection is a classic 3.12 carats oval-shaped D/Flawless Type IIa diamond ring, with an estimate of HK$600-780K. Additionally, the sale offers 70% of the lots without reserve, and it presents exceptional signed pieces from the most celebrated brands that are perfect for everyday wear, including Bulgari, Cartier, Harry Winston, Franck Muller, Mikimoto, Van Cleef & Arpels and William & Son.
Works by in-demand artists such as Genieve Figgis, Javier Calleja, Chiharu Shiota, Joan Cornellà, Eddie Martinez and Ayako Rokkaku will be offered in the sale, alongside leading names such as KAWS, Yoshitomo Nara and Yayoi Kusama. Key highlights of the contemporary art section including Lady with a harp by Genieve Figgis, the Irish painter known for her witty and subversive group portraits which satirise social norms of centuries past. Phillips currently hold top three auction prices for the artist, including the world auction record achieved last December when Figgis’ Wedding Party sold for over HK$4.4 million.
The bidding opens on 16 September at 12pm HKT and will begin closing on 23 September at 6pm HKT. Explore highlights from the sale on Phillips.com.
Highlights from the INTERSECT Online Auction
• Patek Philippe Ref. 5370P-001. A superlative and rare platinum split seconds chronograph wristwatch with black enamel dial, Breguet numerals, additional solid case back, Certificate of Origin and presentation box, circa 2017. Estimate: HK$1,170,000- 1,950,000. © 2021 Phillips Auctioneers, LLC
• A 3.12ct Oval-shaped D/Flawless Type IIa Diamond Ring. Estimate: HK$600,000 -780,000. © 2021 Phillips Auctioneers, LLC
• F. P Journe, A very rare and fine limited edition semi-skeletonized platinum tortue-shaped wristwatch with digital jump hours, and seconds, power reserve indication, certificate and presentation box, numbered 56 of a limited edition of 69 pieces, circa 2018. Estimate: HK$310,000-620,000. © 2021 Phillips Auctioneers, LLC
• Genieve Figgis, Lady with a Harp, 2018. Acrylic on canvas, 100 x 120 cm. Estimate: HK$550,000- 750,000. © 2021 Phillips Auctioneers, LLC
• Graff, A Pair of Diamond and Ruby 'Rosette' Earrings. Estimate: HK$250,000 – 350,000 (No Reserve). © 2021 Phillips Auctioneers, LLC
• Eddie Martinez, Untitled, 2016. Oil, crayon, oil stick and lithographic ink on paper (hand-worked lithographic print), 70 x 50 cm. Estimate: HK$180,000-220,000. © 2021 Phillips Auctioneers, LLC
• A Diamond Bangle. Estimate: HK$150,000 – 250,000. © 2021 Phillips Auctioneers, LLC
• Audemars Piguet. A fine, rare and attractive limited edition titanium and platinum chronograph wristwatch with date, integrated bracelet, warranty and presentation box, made in a limited edition of 500 pieces to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the Royal Oak Chronograph, circa 2017. Estimate: HK$300,000-600,000. © 2021 Phillips Auctioneers, LLC
• Graff, A Diamond and Sapphire 'Diamond on Diamond' Pendant Necklace. Estimate: HK$100,000 – 150,000. (No Reserve). © 2021 Phillips Auctioneers, LLC
• KAWS X Karimoku, PINOCCHIO, 2018. Wood, 39 x 19 x 18 cm. Estimate: HK$500,000-700,000. © 2021 Phillips Auctioneers, LLC
• Chiharu Shiota, State of being (book), 2017. Metal frame, white threads, old books, 25 x 25 x 25 cm. Estimate: HK$250,000 – 350,000. © 2021 Phillips Auctioneers, LLC
• Javier Calleja, Ways to Fly, 2013. Acrylic on paper, 100 x 140 cm. Estimate: HK$250,000-350,000. © 2021 Phillips Auctioneers, LLC
• Patek Philippe Ref. 5711/1A-010 stainless steel wristwatch, circa 2019. Estimate: HK$310,000-620,000. © 2021 Phillips Auctioneers, LLC
• A 3.16 carat Emerald-cut D/Flawless Type IIa Diamond Ring. Estimate: HK$ 550,000 – 700,000. © 2021 Phillips Auctioneers, LLC