26 septembre 2020

New room presents works related to the man who built the Mauritshuis

Jan de Baen, Portrait of Johan Maurits (1604-1679), Count of Nassau-Siegen, Founder of the Mauritshuis, c. 1668 - 1670. © 2020 Mauritshuis THE HAGUE.- From today, the Mauritshuis in The Hague presents a new permanent display in one of the rooms of the museum. The room contains works related to Johan Maurits, Count of Nassau-Siegen and the man who built the Mauritshuis in the 17th century. The Mauritshuis previously considered Johan Maurits primarily from an art historical perspective; this new display also... [Lire la suite]